Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crazy about the Olympics

This morning I was telling my daughter about the Ukranian and United States female wrestling match and she laughed and commented, "I don't remember you being this crazy about the Olympics before!" I responded that I don't remember either. Perhaps it is my travel schedule that I may have been on the road when the last Olympics occurred. Or maybe I really didn't care. What's different this time is that I am completely spellbound by the events.

Watching Brazil and Cameroon compete in soccer was breathtaking. The energy those teams put out is amazing. (Am I getting old and hence appreciating the breathtaking energy of youth?) I loved watching the Brazilians give their hip swaggle groupwise when they scored. So happy.

And the wonderful poetry of the two US female gymnists winning gold and silver respectively. So focused on their skill and so hard working to accomplish their dream.

It's so inspirational I should have told my daughter. Don't we need inspiration wherever we can find it? Or be in the place where when it's happenning we recognize it. And appreciate all the talents in this world and strive to find our own unique gifts.

No comments: